Tuesday, 7 September 2010

that's a capital idea.

Well, after touching back down in Bristol after a very alcoholically exhausting (but excellent) girly 21st in Magaluf, i began my London based adventure. now i don't have any pictures to put up of any of my UK-ey antics because, as previously explained; i've ditched the digital, donned the disposable and i have yet to have them developed.

First stop: Alysha-ville aka high wycombe
Whenever i've seen this location in text form, i've always thought it was pronounced 'high why-comb', but that's besides the point. this was my first visit to Alysha at this location as she's only been there around three months, but my gosh, she has got it so good it's sickening! house is beautiful, boyfriend and his family are lovely, area is bliss. we sat in the garden and gossiped, went for drinkypoos then had an indian banquet; now after 5 days of processed, all inclusive style, mass produced buffet food in Magaluf, it was heaven. indian food was closely followed by snuggling up in bed and watching Man to Man with Dean Learner - genius. we retired early, due to the fact i hadn't slept in two days, and we were all generally knackered. on the thursday, Alysha and i resumed to how we were when we spent every waking hour together, ruining perfectly good places by being general idiots, quoting too many films and making a mess when doing the simplest of tasks - i miss my friends. we had omelette (i helped by grating the cheese), then, before we could say "I LOVE LAMP", it was time to set off to go catch the 3 o'clock train to my next destination.

Second stop: Jack-ville aka clapham
The tube was stressful because it was the first time i had gotten it on my own, plus i had a big dock off suitcase, and it was hot. by the time i made it to london marylebone, i was a sweaty mess and didn't want to see anyone i knew, never mind someone who i actually quite fancied. my bearded amigo was supposed to meet me at clapham junction, but just as i was about to go down the stairs to get the tube to london victoria, i saw a glimpse of a face i recognised - it was Jack and he'd come to meet me, and if he was 2 seconds later, he would have missed me. i didn't really care that i was a sweaty mess anymore, that passing people were probably thinking 'get a room' or that it had only been a week since i last saw him; i was happy to see him (even though he was probably happier to see me) and i was going to show it. what followed was an awesome two days, which then turned into another three days, totaling five. we went shopping in the town centre, to the vintage fair in shoreditch, moshed around in camden, visited monuments and buildings (only so he could take a picture of himself flipping the v to them), went on a very long walk/adventure, ate many bagels and chocolate cake, watched many dvds and generally just had a splendid time. all of my findings and adventures will be blogged about, in detail, in time to come - because to do it now would just take so damn long! Then, with the loss of money, but the gaining of an off-white top (UO) and a boyfriend (yes, that's right, a boyfriend), i troddled to clapham junction train station to catch my 7.56pm train, i said my fairwells and boarded the train to london victoria once again. it was dusk as we were walking to the station, but by the time the train left, it was full on dark and the city was glowing. i hate leaving places i don't want to leave in the dark, more than I do in the daytime, i can't explain why; even if you gave me some opal fruits before their name was changed, a top hat and a £500,000 clothes voucher. Needless to say, it was very very sucky, but i didn't begin feeling upset until i was leaving london euston; mainly because i knew the next time the train stopped, i would be miles away from london, and from the person i've began liking so much - Mumford and Sons' album in my bastard ear didn't help either, as much as i love them, they just got me thinking about everyone i miss.

Final stop: home aka gobowen
Home, sweet home? no.
Train home was nightmarish; it was raining, dark, the city lights were getting further and further away and there was some sort of chav-esque mid-twenty year old hitting on me, wearing grey joggers and a black vest top - score. the stations got more and more rural, i started to recognise places and train station signs, the people began to get less and less well dressed and i felt as if i'd never left home, which was depressing - i always knew i was a city girl, but i never knew how much. so i got stranded in shrewsbury at 11.35pm because a train was delayed for an hour, i was surrounded by people wearing last years beanie hats and Primark jeans and i was at the point of tears due to sheer exhaustion when a baby frog hopped from behind my shoe into the middle of the platform. here is the story, quoted from a text i sent, explaining the first event to make me smile after 7.56pm:-
"it was a rainy September eve, i was leaning against a metal gate in shrewsbury train station, with twenty other bodies around me. all of a sudden, a baby frog, no bigger than a really tiny frog, went hopping past. at this point the frog was safe because everyone was stationary, but once the train was in sight, movement began to spark. it was at this point I felt the frog's fear and jumped to it's aid by shouting "watch out for the tiny frog in front of you", to which everyone obliged. the frog, safe once again, hopped along on it's way with a grateful spring in it's step as the temporary residents of shrewsbury station watched proudly. then everyone boarded the train and went back to being humble strangers."

After arriving home an hour late, i chatted with my mum, then went to bed. today i went to a friends and watched series 3 of The IT crowd, demolished a multi-pack of monster munch and then came home.

Now here i am, wishing i was somewhere else.

P & L

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments on my blog as i do cake to my face.