Tuesday 17 August 2010

The curious case of Emma Jones

Ever noticed that the best things are from your childhood? Lately, I feel like I'm ageing backwards and I find myself acting immature (where appropriate) and opting for OAProducts. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and the way it's progressing, I couldn't live without my laptop or my phone, but just because 150,000,000 of those round coins I lack have been spent researching it, doesn't mean it's better than it's pre-decessors. I'm not sure if it's my stubbornness toward change, a not so subtle attempt at holding on to my childhood or just my love for retro/vintage products, but it's happening and I'm embracing it.


                                                                          Blast from the past
BN's were released in May 2000 and boy were they yummy, from their crunchy exterior, to their chocolate/strawberry innards.


Slap bracelets! I remember constantly playing with these bad boys throughout primary school, there were millions of them everywhere and if you didn't have a slap bracelet, or maybe a yoyo, you were a no-body. Last year sometime, I went to a gig in Manchester and got given a slap bracelet by the promoters; it was like Christmas in slap-'round-my-wrist form. To people who don't have slap bracelets, I can understand the sheer annoyance of others constantly playing with them, but hey, they don't care because they have a slap bracelet!


Remember the pop man? Maybe it was a Merseyside thing, but, every Tuesday (I think) he used to pay us a visit on Gorsedale Road with our order of cream soda and orange soda. Nicely delivered in unlabeled glass bottles, which we had to return, the cream soda came in a retro green colour which made it all the more fun to drink. Now we have to drink it colourless, from standard shaped, plastic, two litre bottles - colourless because E numbers are now 'bad for you' - the health standard agencies ruin it for everybody! Bummer.


I LOVE LEGO. Need there be any more said? 



...well, I know Lego still exists, but old school Lego was the best. Even K'nex was awesome...but not quite Lego.




I like going into all those random gadget shops which often house retro products that have been forgotten about, I pretty much walk around the whole store playing with everything then leave purchase-less, making the majority of my visits totally pointless but uber fun and reminiscent non-the-less.


P & L
Voodle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments on my blog as i do cake to my face.