I was tweeting with Gemma at From Gem With Love last night about materialistic followers. Her blog is a lot bigger than mine, so she gets more bloggers using her hard work as an advert, but i still get the odd few. It proper gets on my wick because i didn't do that to get followers, i just worked really hard on my posts, as do most huge blogs who get exploited. The fact that a lot of bloggers are aware of this, further proves that the population of 'follow me and i'll follow you'ers is multiplying faster than the snow on my drive (bloody snow). The fact that they use us as an advert, isn't the most offensive thing though, it's that they don't think we can detect their false statements and actually believe they've taken an interest in our blogs. Right before they plug the shit out of theirs or their giveaway. I only comment on post that i like, and i actually say something about it in the comment, i take time to read and understand the info before i comment and make it as personal as i can to the author and as relative as i can to the post. Gem made a good point by saying "i'll link to their blog if i like it" and "make their own blog great so they get readers", which is so true since now it seems these pluggers care more about getting followers, than they do about putting effort into their posts. The reaction i usually have, is flat out ignore them and their copy & paste method, to try and freeze them out. I honestly would rather have three followers who enjoy reading what i put out there, than four thousand that couldn't give a flying hedgehog what i think. The irony is, they'll probably never read this post.
On a lighter note...
I got given two 'Versatile blogger' awards this week, one from Purdey at Kittenish Behaviour, and the other from Nadine at Bimbobeautiful. It meant a lot to me, since i only started getting followers about a month ago, before then it was like i was talking to myself! So here are seven things about me:
001. My three biggest fears are dwarves, horses and jellyfish. Seriously dwarves just really terrify me. Once, in the precinct in liverpool town, one came riding up to me on a bike, dressed as a pirate and shouted "arrrgghhh". I ran, i ran like a motherfudger.
002. I have seven scars. Main ones are a collection of scars on my hands and knees from when i got hit by a car almost three years ago. There's one on my palm from when a had a nasty bite from my hamster nibbles when i was nine. On the same palm, there's a huge long scar from when i had the bright idea of letting my dog (who was bigger than me) pull me on roller blades, eventually leading to me falling onto a piece of glass (and chipping my tooth). Up and left from my bellybutton is a round scar, from when a belt buckle was digging into me all day, then got infected. I had to be pinned down by four people whilst a first aider squoze it to death and stitched it up. On my first day as a chef, i chopped off a big chunk of my wedding ring finger, it's still a bit wonky. One on my right thumb from when i put my hand in a sink with a knife in it and it cut it open, because it was a carving knife though, the scar is quite squiggly and looks kinda cool. And the best one, above my left eyebrow from walking into a lampost on the way home from school!
003. I love science. I love learning about it. I love thinking about things in a scientific way. I always approach things scientifically. I love scientific programmes, documentaries and books. I study forensic science in uni (i should be doing work for it right now). I just bloody love science.
004. I've only ever had two boyfriends. After being tied down throughout my whole escapade across europe, i came back and wanted to be single, since then i had been. Until i found jack, who i've actually known since primary school and made brief encounters with throughout my adolescent years. One day, i hungoverly/still drunkenly went 'round to his house and spent the day making up innuendos and eating pretzels, we hung out a lot after that day until he kissed me about two weeks later. Then he moved to london (talk about timing), he still asked me to be his girlfriend though and i said yes (huge deal for me), so far so good. We disagree on almost everything, in a good way, and there's always a debate on the horizon.
005. I'm going to spend the summer in New York next year. I go on about it enough, i'm stupidly excited, four months of work followed by three weeks of travelling. I'm also terrified but a good terrified, i love going to new places on my own, i meet a lot more people because i'm motivated to do so. I better get a freakin' move on applying for jobs as apparently most of them are gone by january.
006. I have weird food cravings. In first and second year, i ate some very questionable combos; chocolate pasta; beetroot beans; cider jelly; onion ring lasagne and lots of others. Seriously, i'm suprised i didn't die, but i still get cravings for these things. Yeah, first year really fucked me up.
007. My mum is my best friend.
Now i'll tag seven blog chums to indulge me in theirs.
Laura from As If By Magic
Michelle from daisybutter
Sarah from Burn the Blonde
Jack from Breadline Hypebeast
Rose from rosedl
Ashlee from Photobooth killer
Dottie from dottie
P & L